Editor crashes with a DEP (Data Execution Prevention) error (Windows Vista). What should I do?
This happends because Vista is abit overzealous when it comes to protecting the computer from programs. You need to turn off DEP for the RME.exe file. Follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on System.
- Click on Advanced system settings in the menu to the left.
- Click on the Settings button under the Performance box (description is "Visual effects, processor scheduling, memory usage and virtual memory") in the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Either only turn on DEP for esesntial programs, or add RME.exe to the list of exceptions.
- Click OK on every dialog and restart Windows if required.